Research at LCF thrives within the College's unique specialist environment and is supported and resourced by dedicated research facilities such as its world-class Library and Archive.
Research within fashion design, fashion textiles and technology includes collaborative work with world renowned designers; scientists and engineers; costume design and production for national theatres and productions; curations and exhibitions of fashion and textiles at prestigious trade fairs and galleries, and catwalk shows and performances.
London College of Fashion feeds directly into the University of the Arts London Research Strategy.
- Sustainable Fashion: the challenge of fashion with limited resources
- Connected communities: the challenge of global fashion, communication and visualisation
- Design and production: the challenge of creativity and practices combining new materials, clothes, designs and inspiration their accessibility and availability
- Authenticity and identity: the challenge of originality, individuality and custodianship of things
- Human Wellbeing: the challenge of lifelong wellbeing in the context of happiness, cultural wellbeing, health within social and economic contexts